On this site, we will look at the whole world – more precisely, the 7 continents. If, by the way, you were always of the opinion that there are only 5 continents, you are not wrong either: it only depends on which model you base your claim on.
View Articles by Continent
How many continents are there now?
- If you are asked how many continents there are and your answer is any number between four and seven, you are definitely correct.
- The number of continents depends on the model on which you base yourself. Different continents are simply summarized in the four-seater model. Then there are only four: Antarctica, America, Africa-Eurasia and Oceania.
- If you start from five continents, there are even two variants: one includes Antarctica, America, Eurasia, Africa and Oceania. The other does not see Antarctica as a continent of its own and counts America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
- With the six model, more is divided, again in two variants: here either Antarctica, America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia count as continents or else: Antarctica, North America, South America, Eurasia, Africa and Oceania.
- However, in this article, we’ll look at the world map of seven continents: Antarctica, North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
Continent number 1: the Antarctic
- Antarctica is the coldest of all parts of the world. Temperatures here average 50 degrees below zero.
- Almost the entire Antarctic is covered by layers of ice up to four kilometers thick – a not very inviting climate. Therefore, apart from a few researchers, hardly any people live there – and even they only inhabit the small ice-free part of Antarctica.
- Since there are hardly any plants in Antarctica, the local wildlife depends on food from the sea. Seals, penguins and whales feel comfortable there, also because they are not in competition with humans.
Continent 2: Australia
- The smallest and flattest continent lies like a giant island in the sea.
- Until the first Europeans came in the 19th century, only the aborigines lived in Australia. The Aborigines live in harmony with nature and take care not to destroy it. Many indigenous people have integrated into modern society through assimilation.
- Today, about 20 million people live in Australia. Among other things, the continent is famous for its extraordinary wildlife: koalas and kangaroos are the most prominent representatives.
List of all countries in Oceania:
Continent 3: Asia
- After the smallest follows the largest of all continents: Asia. It makes up almost a third of the total land area on earth.
- The continent is not only ahead in terms of area size. It is also home to most people. Over 2.3 billion people live in India and China. Chinese is the most spoken language in the world.
- Asia still has an impressive superlative to offer, because here is also the highest mountain on earth: Mount Everest in the Himalayas.
List of all countries in Asia:
Continent 4: Africa
- While Antarctica is the coldest continent, Africa is ahead in terms of warmth thanks to its location on the equator. The result is large desert areas such as the Sahara.
- Our ancestors are said to have first appeared in Africa about two million years ago. The continent is therefore considered the cradle of humanity.
- Africa has a fascinating wildlife. Elephants, rhinos, baboons, zebras and lions populate the continent.
List of all countries in Africa:
Continent 5: Europe
- Europe is a relatively small continent, but it is densely populated. Europe currently consists of 46 sovereign states and over 100 different languages are spoken. See full list of them on Countryaah.com.
- Europe is rich in ancient cultures, peoples and landscapes. From Norway to Greece, from Portugal to Russia – one continent and yet so different.
- Europe is connected to another continent: Asia. By the way, Europe and Asia are the only continents that are not separated by water – if you understand the Panama Canal between North and South America as a water border.
List of all countries in Europe:
Continent 6: North America
- America is divided into two continents: North and South America.
- In North America you will encounter all of the world’s climate zones. From polar regions to desert areas, everything is represented.
- North America is a continent of contrasts in other respects too. On the one hand there is still untouched nature, on the other huge metropolises such as New York City.
- Before the first European emigrants settled on the continent in the 15th century, only indigenous people, typically called Indians, lived in North America.
List of all countries in North America:
Continent 7: South America
- In contrast to North America, there are still relatively many descendants of the indigenous people in South America.
- The home of some of these Indians is the largest jungle on earth, the rainforest.
- This rainforest produces so much oxygen with its trees and plants that the area is also called “the green lung of the earth”.
- Half of all animal and plant species on earth live in South America.
List of all countries in South America:
The 50 countries with the lowest gas consumption in the world
|Rank||Country||Gas consumption (million cubic meters)|
|1||Barbados (North America)||29|
|3||Ecuador (South America)||42|
|7||Uruguay (South America)||80|
|9||Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe)||160|
|10||Papua New Guinea (Australia-Oceania)||160|
|13||Hong Kong (Asia)||691|
|15||Cuba (North America)||780|
|16||Puerto Rico (North America)||810|
|20||Ivory Coast (Africa)||1.310|
|21||Equatorial Guinea (Africa)||1,360|
|27||Peru (South America)||1,540|
|31||Brunei Darussalam (Asia)||1,890|
|32||Bolivia (South America)||2,050|
|33||South Africa (Africa)||2,430|
|43||New Zealand (Australia-Oceania)||4,470|
|50||Colombia (South America)||6,270|
|Consumption of natural gas.|
- San Benito, Texas May 30, 2023 - According to Allcitycodes, San Benito, Texas is located in the southernmost part of the state, near the Gulf Coast. The city is located in Cameron County and is bordered by… Read more
- Traer, Iowa May 29, 2023 - According to Weddinginfashion, Traer is a small town located in Tama County, Iowa. It has a population of approximately 1,100 people and is situated about 30 miles northwest of Waterloo.… Read more
- Waukon, Iowa May 28, 2023 - According to Themakeupexplorer, Waukon, Iowa sits in the heart of Allamakee County in the Upper Iowa River Valley. It is located at the intersection of US Highway 52 and State… Read more
- Cedar Hill, Texas May 27, 2023 - According to Iamaccepted, Cedar Hill, Texas is located in Dallas County, just south of Dallas and is part of the Dallas–Fort Worth metropolitan area. It is situated on the eastern… Read more
- Penns Creek, Pennsylvania May 26, 2023 - According to Thedressexplorer, Penns Creek is a small borough in Snyder County, Pennsylvania. It is located near the confluence of Penns Creek and Middle Creek, two creeks that join together… Read more
- Byers, Texas May 25, 2023 - According to Existingcountries, Byers, Texas is a small town located in the northwest corner of Clay County. It is situated on the edge of the Cross Timbers region and has… Read more
- Briaroaks, Texas May 24, 2023 - According to Ehuacom, Briaroaks, Texas is located in the heart of Central Texas. It is situated in Johnson County, just north of Cleburne and south of Burleson. The city has… Read more
- Blanco, Texas May 23, 2023 - According to Educationvv, Blanco, Texas is located in the central part of the state and is situated in the Hill Country region. The town is surrounded by rolling hills, limestone… Read more
- Bedford, Texas May 22, 2023 - According to Andyeducation, Bedford, Texas is a small town located in the northeastern part of the state. The town is situated in an area known as the Blackland Prairie, which… Read more
- Athens, Texas May 21, 2023 - According to Anycountyprivateschools, Athens, Texas is located in Henderson County, in the northeast corner of the Lone Star State. The city sits just south of Lake Palestine and is surrounded… Read more