According to campingship, Meadow Grove, Nebraska is located in the northeast corner of the state, about two hours west of Omaha. The city is situated in a flat, open area of land that is ideal for agriculture. The climate is continental with hot summers and cold winters. Precipitation is moderate throughout the year with snowfall in the winter months.
History-wise, Meadow Grove was first settled by Native Americans in the late 17th century and was later established as a town by European settlers in 1832. It remained a small farming community until the 1950s when it experienced an economic boom due to its location on an interstate highway system and its proximity to Omaha.
Politically, Meadow Grove has traditionally been a Republican stronghold with Republicans holding most elected offices at both the state and local levels.
The economy of Meadow Grove is largely driven by agriculture and manufacturing, which have been key industries since the establishment of the town. In recent years there has been an increase in technology-related businesses as well as tourism due to its close proximity to Omaha and other nearby attractions such as museums and historical sites.
Meadow Grove has several schools including elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, community colleges, and universities. The city also boasts a number of landmarks including historic buildings such as churches, courthouses, warehouses, theaters, and other structures from earlier eras that still remain standing today. Additionally there are also parks like Meadow Grove Park that provide recreational opportunities for residents and visitors alike.
Population: 311. Estimated population in July 2020: 301 (-3.2% change)
Males: 150 (48.2%), Females: 161 (51.8%)
Zip code: 68752
Median resident age: 42.5 years
Median household income: $26,042
Median house value: $34,100
Races in Meadow Grove:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.2%)
- American Indian (2.6%)
- Hispanic (1.9%)
- Other race (1.0%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
Ancestries: German (30.5%), English (7.7%), United States (7.1%), Czech (4.2%), Irish (4.2%), Polish (3.5%).
Elevation: 1640 feet
Land area: 0.3 square miles
Meadow Grove, Nebraska is a small town located in the Midwestern United States. It has a population of approximately 1,500 people and is part of the larger Omaha metro area. The majority of Meadow Grove’s population is Caucasian, making up about 70% of the total population. There is also a substantial Hispanic population, with about 15% of the total population being Hispanic or Latino. The remaining 15% consists of African Americans, Asians, and other minority groups.
The median household income in Meadow Grove is around $50,000 per year which puts it slightly above the national average. Most households consist of two adults and one or two children under 18 years old. The median age in Meadow Grove is 37 years old which makes it slightly younger than other towns in the area. The majority of people living in this community are employed either full-time or part-time jobs with many working in retail stores such as Walmart and Target or restaurants such as Applebee’s and Chili’s. Additionally, there are many small businesses owned by local residents that provide employment opportunities to those living in Meadow Grove. Education wise, most residents have completed high school at least while some have obtained college degrees from local universities like Creighton University or University of Nebraska Omaha. Finally, Meadow Grove is home to a number of churches including Lutheran and Methodist denominations as well as non-denominational churches that offer religious services to its members throughout the week.
For population 25 years and over in Meadow Grove
- High school or higher: 83.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 11.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 1.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Meadow Grove village
- Never married: 19.9%
- Now married: 58.1%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 14.9%
- Divorced: 7.1%
1.3% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -27 (-8.0%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Meadow Grove:
- TILDEN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; TILDEN, NE)
- PLAINVIEW PUBLIC HOSPITAL (about 22 miles; PLAINVIEW, NE)
- ANTELOPE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 22 miles; NELIGH, NE)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Meadow Grove:
- KARL STEFAN MEMORIAL (about 22 miles; NORFOLK, NE; Abbreviation: OFK)
- CHAN GURNEY MUNI (about 66 miles; YANKTON, SD; Abbreviation: YKN)
- CENTRAL NEBRASKA REGIONAL (about 83 miles; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Abbreviation: GRI)
Other public-use airports nearest to Meadow Grove:
- ANTELOPE COUNTY (about 22 miles; NELIGH, NE; Abbreviation: 4V9)
- ALBION MUNI (about 31 miles; ALBION, NE; Abbreviation: BVN)
- CREIGHTON MUNI (about 32 miles; CREIGHTON, NE; Abbreviation: 6K3)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Meadow Grove:
- NORTHEAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 13 miles; NORFOLK, NE; Full-time enrollment: 2,732)
- WAYNE STATE COLLEGE (about 51 miles; WAYNE, NE; Full-time enrollment: 3,026)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA (about 77 miles; VERMILLION, SD; Full-time enrollment: 6,014)
- CENTRAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 96 miles; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Full-time enrollment: 3,730)
- WESTERN IOWA TECH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 101 miles; SIOUX CITY, IA; Full-time enrollment: 2,639)
- SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE AREA (about 110 miles; LINCOLN, NE; Full-time enrollment: 5,137)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT LINCOLN (about 111 miles; LINCOLN, NE; Full-time enrollment: 19,806)
Public primary/middle school in Meadow Grove:
- EMERICK PUBLIC SCHOOL (Students: 11; Grades: PK – 08)